For Immediate Release
For more information
Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society (BEHS) will honor six veterinarians in Texas and one veterinarian in Arkansas with the Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society Hero Award in February. The Hero Award is given to veterinarians and other equine professionals in recognition of outstanding contributions to equine welfare in Texas and Arkansas.
The 2006 recipients of the Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society Hero Award are:
- Dr. Laurie Lipsey of Boonville Animal Hospital in Bryan, Texas
- Dr. John Walla of South Central Veterinary Services in Navaosta, Texas
- Dr. Ilka Wagner of Equine Veterinary Services in Hearne, Texas
- Dr. Laurie Shelton of Hilltop Equine Veterinary Services in Brenham, Texas
- Dr. Daniel Welch of Welch Veterinary Hospital in La Grange, Texas
- Dr. Robert Judd of Judd Veterinary Clinic in Hewitt, Texas
- Dr. Teresa Miller of Crystal Springs Veterinary Clinic in Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“We are pleased to be able to recognize these outstanding veterinarians.” BEHS president Jennifer Williams commented, “Without their support and assistance, we could not help the many needy horses, mules and donkeys who need us. These are the people who are out there helping us catch skittish horses, pulling blood on neglected horses, and nursing injured horses back to health. They are extraordinary veterinarians and we are proud to be able to honor them in this way.”
Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of horses, donkeys and mules throughout Texas and Arkansas. With the help of these excellent veterinarians and the organizations’ dedicated members, the organization helps many starving, injured and unwanted animals get a second chance at life.